Crying Teenage Illegal Migrant Arrested In Times Square Shooting

A 15-year-old Venezuelan illegal migrant is in custody after a chaotic shooting incident in Times Square. The “armed and dangerous” Jesus Alejandro Rivas-Fibueroa was crying when he was apprehended by the U.S. Marshals Joint Regional Fugitive Task Force and the NYPD.

Investigators believe a robbery gone wrong led to the shooting of a Brazilian tourist and shots fired at a responding police officer.

He was arrested after authorities posted a picture of the suspect and offered a cash reward for his whereabouts.

NYPD Chief of Patrol John Chell told the media that Rivas-Figueroa was part of an influx of illegal migrants living at the Stratford Hotel since September. This is part of NYC’s emergency response to open hotel rooms to house migrants arriving due to President Joe Biden’s open border.

Police reported the teen and two other suspects were attempting to shoplift from JD Sports on West 42nd Street around 7 p.m. when they were approached by a security guard.

Rivas-Figueroa reportedly brandished a “very large” .45-caliber pistol and fired toward the woman and the crowd. The round did not strike the target, but a 38-year-old Brazilian tourist was hit in the leg as she waited in line to purchase shoes.

Tatiele Riberio reportedly had to drag herself to the back of the store in the chaos that erupted.

Investigators believe the alleged shooter and another 15-year-old ran, and Rivas-Figueroa allegedly fired at a police officer as he fled. Chell noted that “he had no problems firing into a crowd at a store…and not shooting at cops once, but shooting at them twice.”

The Chief of Patrol said that if a bullet had struck an officer, “this is a whole different conversation we’re having today. Our cops showed great restraint not to fire their weapons into a crowd of New Yorkers.”

Police chased the pair and managed to apprehend one unidentified teen. But Rivas-Figueroa turned and fired at a pursuing officer, who was unable to respond in kind due to the throng of people present.

A second shot was fired at the policeman.

The shopping tourist received 13 stitches to her leg and was released from the hospital. She was scheduled to fly home over the weekend.